It takes a special type of person to become a ServiCar Driver.
With this in mind we investigate all applicants thoroughly. Prior to hiring, potential employees go through a rigorous screening process including:
• Drug and Alchohol Testing.
We have a zero tolerance policy on any and all mood altering substances,
including various OTC cold and THC medications per federal DOT regulations.
• Extensive Federal & Criminal Background Investigations
• Employment History Verification & Reference Checks
• Thourough Examination of Driving Records
• Complete Physical for both DOT and MDOE cerfication.
Once hired, employees are randomly selected quarterly for further drug and alcohol testing.
All of our drivers are state certified and trained in the skills of basic first aid, defensive driving, and student behavior management. Drivers are required to have at least 61 hours of training, a combination of in-house and State training. After completion of our program, employees go through an additional mandated training program at Oakland Schools for State of Michigan Certification and are road tested by a state certified third-party road examiner.
A Temporary Instructional Permit from the Secretary of State is required to be hired and trained by ServiCar.
• Permits must be obtained after interview and acceptance of position.
• Permit must have a C – Chauffer’s, P (passenger), and S (school bus) endorsement
Each driver will be road tested after training on a Large school Bus
Click below to see a full list
of local school closings: